Sunday, January 8, 2012

happy new year?!?!?

I seriously CAN NOT believe it is already 2012! I think there were less hours in the day or less days in the week last year because time went by wwwwaaaayyyy too fast. This past year, I made a list of highlights from each month on the side of my blog. This is the list:

January
- new little Audrey
- learning to sew - pajama bottoms

February
- shooting guns
- winning a tv stand in a raffle at a work function

March
- (attempting to) donate blood
- bikram yoga

April
- more learning to sew - skirt
- new foods (veal and salmon AND shrimp)
- fixing my car: valve gasket
- Vegas... twice - ice bar!
- baseball game

May
- wedding crasher. for real.

June
- MeXiCo
- Steve's visit!
- fixing my car: headlight module
- girl's weekend

July
- Devin's play
- Grandpa's birthday... in Vegas
- LAKE!
- Expensive sunglasses

August
- fixing my car: spark plugs
- back to back birthday weekends
- car "dying" (refer to post)

September
- Utah!
- camping
- interview with a Federal agent (not for me...)

October
- new fuel pump
- State Fair
- pumpkin carving!

November
- my BIRTHDAY!
- Thanksgiving
- Disneyland

As you can see, I did not update my blog for December. Between work, family time, work, holiday festivities, and more work, I didn't get a chance to post. A few highlights from December were:
- winning a Kindle Fire from work (another raffle!)
- holiday parties - both at work and home
- Christmas

This past year was a year of "firsts". First full year at my job. First full year as a claims adjuster. First full year in my apartment (which I loved every second of!). First attempt at sewing. And a lot of firsts for trying new things. It was a great year and I am so thankful for all of the experiences I had. It definitely was exciting!

This year has already started off with a bang! On Monday, an apartment above me had a huge water leak, causing some water damage to my apartment. Maintenance spent the whole week fixing dry wall in my bathroom and carpet in my closet. The best part is I had spent several hours cleaning my entire apartment the week before... So I guess I get to clean my apartment again! And yesterday on my way to Tucson, my 1-liter water bottle emptied in my purse. Everything in my purse was soaked, including my digital camera (but not my phone - luckily!). Thankfully, everything dried and my camera still works! Quite the week...

So here's to hoping 2012 is a great year! Happy New Year indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment