Wednesday, February 2, 2011

better (two months) late than never, right?

I have good excuses reasons why I haven't posted in such a long time:
- I moved into my very own apartment
- I had to furnish my very own apartment
- The holidays... need I say more?!?
- Multiple sick days - NOT fun
- Work (which I guess I'm used to, but it takes up aaallllllllllll of my time!)
- I could think of more "reasons"  but I think you get the point

December 4, 2010 was a big day for me, that's the day I moved into my wonderful one bedroom apartment :D My mom came up early to help and went with me to get my keys from the apartment office - best moment of my life! My friends Shaun and Ben also helped with the big move. Then my dad and stepmom showed up with the couch my parents bought for my birthday. The move was pretty easy, but then unpacking began...

Okay, so unpacking wasn't so bad because I didn't have a lot of stuff to unpack (it only took one and a half trips to move everything from my old place to the apartment), but I've had to buy A LOT of stuff for my new place! Too many IKEA trips to count, a few trips to Kohl's, weekly trips to Target, and over a month later I have almost finished furnishing my apartment! It has been a time and money consuming project, but I really love my place. Thanks to all of my family and friends who helped me with the move! Here is my apartment!


living room

dining room


Oh, then there were the holidays. I went home for the Christmas weekend to visit my family. Nothing special happened, but it was nice to just hang out with family and have fun. Christmas was good.

When I mentioned I was sick multiple times, I meant like FOUR times.

First, I had food poisoning. It was my second weekend in the apartment. Having food poisoning when you live by yourself is awful! I could barely open the Gatorade bottle. And at one point, I army crawled back to my bed from the bathroom. I lost three pounds that weekend.

Then, I had the stomach flu (or something like that). It was thankfully the week after Christmas and I couldn't eat anything without getting sick. I lost four pounds that week.

Then, I had a sinus infection (I think). It was the first week in January. I coughed weird and it irritated my lungs, so my lungs got congested and then my throat started hurting and then my sinuses got congested. After a week, I thought it was settling in my chest and I really didn't want bronchitis, so I went to the doctor. My sweet, caring doctor put me on a week of antibiotics and gave me a shot of antibiotics IN MY BUTT! Not cool. It was really by lower back/hip area, but still not cool. I was better in like two days though!

THEN, I got sick the last day of January. I don't know what it was, but I woke up in the middle of the night and had to throw up. I think I need a new stomach...

And last but not least, there is work. Work is getting better. I've been an adjuster for almost 3 months and I finally feel like I am starting to know what I'm doing. The claims are getting harder, but it is a good learning experience. I actually kinda like the job :)

So, there's my two month update! Hopefully I will be better at blogging so the next posts aren't as long!

No comments:

Post a Comment